Why We Love It
Auggie is 10 and attending school for the first time due to serious facial deformities. He’s a normal 5th grader stuck inside a face that repels both adults and children. The voices of authentic characters give believable perspective on Auggie’s first year. As Auggie, his classmates and family navigate his first year at school, themes of friendship, fitting in and betrayal are addressed. Evidence of courage, compassion and empathy offer thoughtful connections and rich fodder for discussions.
- Explore the anti-bullying website Choose Kind
- Listen to this interview on National Public Radio with Wonder author R.J. Palaco
- What is your child’s take-away after completing this book? How might it change the way you and your child view others around you?
- 365 Days of Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- The Julian Chapter: A Wonder Story (email or audio only) (kindle)
- Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea
- Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper
- Firegirl by Tony Abbott