Why We Love It
The Tuck family drank water from a spring that gave them eternal life. When 10- year old Winnie stumbles upon the family, she must decide if she too wants to live forever. Rich in description and slowly delivered, this thought-provoking novel will spark fascinating discussions about the advantages and disadvantages of living forever. Savor this one with your child or chat as you both read this engaging, poetic story.
- Ask your child if they had the chance to drink the water and live forever, would they do it? Why or why not?
- What is the importance of this tombstone? “In loving memory / Winifred Foster Jackson / Dear Wife / Dear Mother /1870-1948”
- After your child completes the book you both may enjoy watching the Tuck Everlasting movie.
- A Hitch at the Fairmont by Jim Averbeck
- Kneeknock Rise by Natalie Babbit
- Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare