Why We Love It
This fast-paced historical fiction about the Titanic is suspenseful and well-written. Tarshis uses age-appropriate language to convey events and the plight of George, a 10-year old passenger. George is fascinated by the giant ship but soon struggles to reconnect with his family and stay alive as the great ship sinks. Few historically accurate books are written for this age. This first book in the I Survived series will most likely be the first of many that your child sinks into.
- Watch this short video showing a computer generated image of how the Titanic actually sank.
- Explore this interactive diagram of the Titanic
- Morse Code was the main way that the crew on the Titanic was able to communicate with the rest of the world. Try writing your name in Morse Code using this chart:
- Unsinkable, Titanic # 1 by Gordon Korman
- National Geographic Readers: Titanic by Melissa Stewart
- Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #7: Titanic
- Magic Tree House #17: Tonight on the Titanic by Mary Pope Osborne