Why We Love It
The builder of Wayside School made a mistake and stacked 30 classrooms, one on top of the other, providing for many zany adventures. Each chapter is told from a different classmate’s perspective. The elementary crowd will love the puns, wordplay and delightful twists throughout. This is the first in the series by popular author Louis Sachar. We love this as a read-aloud or as a read-alone, especially for reluctant readers as the consistent silliness keeps the pages turning.
- Encourage your child to write another Wayside School chapter from their own perspective.
- Have your child draw what their school would look like if each classroom was stacked one on top of the other. They can remove one wall when drawing the picture to show what is in each room.
- Watch the 47-minute cartoon movie based on the Wayside School books by clicking here.
- Wayside School is Falling Down by Louis Sachar
- Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger by Louis Sachar
- No Talking by Andrew Clements