Why We Love It
The gorgeous illustrations are rich with detail which follow a seed from the hole to the things needed for its growth including dirt, water, room to grow, air and light. Once the seed becomes a plant, we follow the sprout as it develops leaves, a stem and eventually flowers. This concept book focuses on the life cycle of a seed but is enhanced by the lush illustrations of surrounding nature.
- Plant some seeds – choose a fast growing variety such as lima beans, zinnias or grass and watch them come to life.
- Hunt for dandelions, blow the seeds and watch them float on the breeze.
- Search for different types of seeds when you are outdoors and collect them.
- The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle (board book)
- The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss
- A Seed is Sleepy by Dianna Aston
- Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert