Why We Love It
As Molly Katzen points out in the book’s greeting,” Real cooking is very interesting to young children.” This cookbook was written especially for preschool children and has simple, wholesome, appealing recipes. The tips are user-friendly (Put a piece of colored tape on the handle of the plastic picnic knife. The rule is; hand stays on the tape for the whole time.) Each recipe is offered twice: first in conventional recipe format for the adult helper and second in picture form for the child. This is our go-to cookbook for the preschool crowd.
- After you’ve made a recipe once or twice, allow your child to be the leader telling you what needs to be done as a helper. Keep the book handy for the step-by-step pictures.
- Use the strategies in this book when cooking your own food.
- Once your child has mastered the cooking techniques, allow them to alter recipes to suit their tastes.
- Salad People and More Real Recipes: A New Cookbook for Preschoolers and Up by Mollie Katzen
- Honest Pretzels: And 64 Other Amazing Recipes for Cooks Ages 8 & Up by Mollie Katzen
- Get Cooking: 150 Simple Recipes to Get You Started in the Kitchen by Molly Katzen