Why We Love It
Readers will enjoy the humor and predicaments Poppleton, a pig faces as he adjusts to living in his new home. He eats too many meals with his next-door llama, Cherry Sue, spends Mondays at the library and helps his sick friend, Fillmore take a pill hidden in 27 cakes. The richly detailed pencil and watercolor pictures provide just the right support for new readers. There is a different episode/adventure in each of the three chapters in this first book in the Poppleton series.
- Poppleton is a spiffy dresser. Design a new outfit for him using this blank Poppleton.
- Cherry Sue has Poppleton over for a number of meals. If you were having a friend over for a meal, you and your friend might enjoy making these stuffed pig roles-no pig needed. Click here for the recipe and instructions.
- Poppleton enjoys going to the library every Monday. Visit your local library and check in with the children’s librarian who can help your child find other books based on the books they already have enjoyed.
- Poppleton and Friends by Cynthia Rylant
- Houndsley and Catina by James Howe
- Mercy Watson to the Rescue by Kate DiCamillo