Why We Love It
Nate the Great is the first in a classic series of detective/mystery books for those ready for chapter books. Nate is a boy who carefully observes and uses deductive reasoning to find a missing picture for a friend. The text is witty and paced to keep the reader engaged and is accompanied by pictures that help readers figure out difficult words. Readers new to the mystery genre will enjoy the logical but funny ways Nate goes about solving each case.
- Write your own mystery filling in the blanks of this fun activity sheet.
- Make some invisible ink by clicking here. Use the ink to write a secret message.
- Make up your own Nate the Great adventure by using this comic template.
- Nate the Great Goes Undercover by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
- The High-Rise Private Eyes #1: The Case of the Missing Monkey by Cynthia Rylant
- Inspector Hopper by Doug Cushman