Why We Love It
This is a story of a lonely man and an equally lonely cat that become friends. They delight in sharing daily activities including gardening, drinking tea, listening to very loud opera and sharing very good stories. Colorful illustrations show the comforting adventures of Mr. Putter and Tabby the cat. The three episodic chapters use simple, descriptive language and just enough repetition to support new readers. Children will make connections with finding and enjoying a good friend.
- Have a tea party with your child.
- Mr. Putter and Tabby enjoy listening to opera. Click here to listen to eleven-year old Jackie Evancho sing Nessum Dorma on PBS.
- Mr. Putter and Tabby enjoy gardening. Enjoy this simple gardening project, even if you do not have a garden. Put some paper cupcake liners in a cupcake pan. Add some soil to each cupcake. Using a package of lettuce, radish or other small seeds, put one seed in each liner. Water lightly every day. When the plant has three leaves you can either plant it outside in the liner or replant it in a larger pot.
- Mr. Putter and Tabby Walk the Dog (#2) by Cynthia Rylant
- Six Dinner Sid by Inga Moore
- Henry and Mudge First Book by Cynthia Rylant