Why We Love It
I Kissed the Baby is a wonderful first book for newborns and is a favorite in our house. At this stage, newborns can only see for about 10 inches and are attracted to the solid black and white images on the page. As newborns snuggle up close with a loved one and listen to the soothing cadence of the story, they can stare at the contrasting images and may soon be smiling and cooing along. The simple text encourages parents to sing and tickle baby as they read and of course finish with a big kiss.
- Use different voices for each new animal character.
- Do the actions as you read the book.
- Look, Look by Peter Linethal
- Who Are They? by Tana Hoban
- Everywhere Babies by Susan Meyers