Why We Love It
Iris moves from the city and has trouble adjusting to living in the country. She and her grandfather discover a tree house where Iris meets Walter, a true friend. The four short chapters each tell a different part of the same story giving new readers the satisfaction of reading a chapter book. The colorful imaginative pictures show the fun that Iris and Walter share while providing visual clues that help new readers figure out unknown words. This is the first book in a great series.
- Design your own treehouse. How would it look outside? What would you have inside the treehouse?
- Would you prefer to live in the city or the country? Explain your answer.
- Walter and Iris become best friends. What makes someone a good friend?
- Iris and Walter: True Friends by Elissa Haden Guest
- Iris and Walter: The Sleepover by Elissa Haden Guest
- Best Friends for Frances by Russell Hoban