Why We Love It
Sylvia Long has rewritten the words to this classic lullaby and has created a soothing bedtime story celebrating a mother’s love and the beauty of the natural world. Rich details (such as the carrot curtains) and beautiful representations of the mother enjoying her little one will comfort and calm.
- Describe the details that you notice in the book to your baby. Newborns are fascinated by the sound of loving voices and this book provides plenty to chat about.
- Sing the words instead of reading.
- Change some of the words to personalize the song for your newborn.
- Hush Little Baby: A Folk Song with Pictures by Marla Frazee
- Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson and Illustrated by Jane Chapman
- On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman