Why We Love It
Our toddlers instantly fell in love with Bobo the sweet chimpanzee in Jez Alborough’s Hug. It’s hard to believe that a book with so few words can express such big emotions but this book can, and does so beautifully. Alborough’s rich and vibrant illustrations tell the story of Bobo’s search for his mother’s loving arms better than words ever could.
Follow Up Fun
- Look at the expressions on the faces of the animals in the story. Ask your toddler “Why is the elephant worried?”
- Once your toddler is familiar with Hug, encourage them to help you retell the story as you go through the pages of Hug.
- Little Gorilla by Ruth Bornstein
- Owl Babies by Martin Waddell
- I am a Bunny by Ole Risom