Why We Love It
Reluctant readers and their newly reading peers are all abuzz about this award-winning series. Hi! Fly Guy is about an unlikely friendship between a boy and a fly. Buzz catches Fly Guy and enters him The Amazing Pet Show. Their shared adventures make for a fast-moving, funny and sometimes just-disgusting plot perfect for new readers. Just a few high-frequency words on each page coupled with bold pictures make this series fly off the shelf.
- Click on the link to see each step of Tedd Arnold’s drawing process.
- Print this bookmark on stock or regular printer paper. Color and use.
- Make a Fly Guy headband out of a thick strip of construction paper. Cut out two large circles for eyes and add a black dot in the center of the each eye. Tape the eyes to the band and enjoy buzzing around and having Fly Guy adventures.
- Super Fly Guy (# 2) by Tedd Arnold
- Shoo, Fly Guy! (#3) by Tedd Arnold
- The Pooches of Peppermint Park: Dottie and the Dog Show by Teddy Slater