Why We Love It
This black and white board book will resonate not only with newborns but will engage their young siblings as well. Each black and white page is accented with a shiny metallic section for each of the ten bugs.. The repetition “Hello, Ladybug”, “Hello Dragonfly” etc. is comfortably predictable, a quality adored by infants, toddlers and preschool age children. In addition to the greeting on each page, sounds or actions accompany each bug, making this a fun read-aloud for both reader and listener.
- Use the same voice each time you read this book and greet other familiar objects in your baby’s life. “Hello puppy.”
- Act out the actions with your fingers or your newborn’s body. Use your fingers to “creep, crawl” like the spider, or “wiggle, wiggle” like the worm. This is great fun for newborns (and older children.)
- Spots and Dots by Chez Picthall
- Baby Animals Black and White by Phyllis Limbacher Tildes
- Look at the Animals by Peter Linenthal