Why We Love It
This near wordless picture book has delighted children since 1996. As a tired zookeeper completes his evening rounds, his keys are taken by a cheeky gorilla that proceeds to open up the cages of his other zoo animal friends. The newly released animals all follow the tired zookeeper home to bed. There are plenty of delightful details including the animal-themed toys in each cage. With only ten words in the entire story, even very young children will enjoy this funny tale of animals on the loose.
- Ask your child to find the banana on each page.
- Use different voices for each “good night”
- Let your child use the pictures to tell the story.
- Good Night Sleep Tight by Mem Fox
- Hug by Jez Alborough
- Close Your Eyes by Kate Banks