Why We Love It
Who doesn’t love crazy animals? The informative rhymes for each farm animal alone would have made this a great book. Two flaps allow the top or bottom half of each animal to be moved onto another animal body. Animals names change with each flip. Preschoolers will enjoy making endless new animals and creating new names. Bring this on vacation.
- Encourage your preschooler to draw a favorite animal from the book or create a new one.
- Have your preschooler draw a couple of different animals-one to a page. Cut each animal in half horizontally and enjoy your own new flip flap animals.
- As you read the text, allow your preschooler to march around the room to the beat of the words. Holding a cardboard tube or wooden spoon as a baton adds to the fun.
- On the Farm by David Elliott and illustrated by Holly Meade
- The Milk Makers by Gail Gibbons
- Farm by Elisha Cooper