Why We Love It
Everywhere Babies is a glorious celebration of babies and the people who love them. Many types of families are represented with gorgeous illustrations of real families and their adorable babies. With simple text and engaging rhyme, every page shows babies being kissed, getting dressed, making noise, being fed and doing all the things babies do each day. They are cranky, happy, giggly, tired and snuggly and of course, they are all LOVED very much for being special babies. An excellent baby shower gift!
- Look at the pictures. Find people or activities among the illustrations that look like your family. “Look! That baby sits in a carrier like you do!” Look, Peek-a-boo! That baby likes peek-a-boo too! Let’s play peek-a-boo!”
- Find images that look different from your family and talk about them. “That little baby has 2 daddies”. “This baby loves snuggling with her big sister. Who do you like to snuggle with?” Answer the questions for your listening newborn and continue along the path of developing language through conversation.
- Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by Mem Fox and illustrated by Helen Oxenbury
- Say Goodnight by Helen Oxenbury
- Time for Bed by Mem Fox illustrated by Jane Dyer