Why We Love It
Sometimes just getting your child to settle down for the night requires a book like Close Your Eyes. Join Mother Tiger in her efforts to help little tiger settle in for the night. The words are soothing and rich in imagery as in “Dark is just the other side of light. It’s what comes before dreams.” The illustrations beautifully enhance the text.
- Close Your Eyes features many beautiful clouds. Take your infant outside and enjoy the clouds then come inside and allow your infant to “paint” white clouds. You can use slightly watered down mashed potatoes as finger paints.
- Your infant may enjoy mimicking some of the bird sounds in this short video of bird sounds for babies.
- Flap your arms and pretend to fly. See if your infant can fly with you.
- Hush Little Baby by Marla Frazee
- Sleepy Boy by Polly Kanevsky
- I’m Not Sleepy (Board Book) by Jonathan Allen