Why We Love It
When you combine a sturdy board book with an equally sturdy pull tab that allows a set of upper and lower teeth to open and close, expect great fun to follow. The simple text is easy for toddlers to remember and the moving teeth should provide great fun.
- Cut a paper plate in half. Cut zigzags along the straight (cut) edge to look something like teeth in the book. Give the two halves to your toddler and encourage them to safely chomp things around the house.
- In front of a mirror, make faces that look like the things that animals are doing with their faces in the book. Laugh. Repeat.
- Have your toddler “read” the story to you after hearing the story a number of times. Praise your toddler and be sure to share how much you enjoyed the story.
- Chomp! Zoo: A Pull-Tab Book by Heather Brown
- Who’s at Home: A Lift-the-Flap Book by Jane E. Gerver Illustrated by Kathryn Lynn Davis
- Move! by Robin Page and Illustrated by Steve Jenkins