Why We Love It
One day my mama caught me
paintin’ pictures on the floor
and the ceiling
and the walls
and the curtains
and the door,
and I heard my mama holler
like I never did before….
My three year old howls with delight whenever we open Karen Beaumont’s I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More! Little ones giggle to see the cheeky young boy causing mayhem as he coats his house in Technicolor splashes of paint. David Catrow’s brilliant illustrations capture this wild rumpus perfectly. From beginning to end, Beaumont’s story maintains a pulsing beat and makes you want to sing it from the rooftop even after the book has been put away.
- Choose other body parts and make up rhyming couplets to add on to the story.
- Break out the finger paints, unroll some butcher paper on the table or patio and let your toddler have some colorful painting fun.
- Using bath time finger paints such as these, let your toddler get colorful while getting clean.
- Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy by Lynley Dodd
- Slinky Malinki by Lynley Dodd
- Each, Peach, Pear, Plum by Janet Ahlberg
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss